At Sylvain Cheff Construction, we are above all a local family company in business since 1996.
Specializing in agricultural construction, we build barns, hen houses and hog barns, amongst other things. We have expertise in the field of agricultural construction, but also commercial construction. We have experienced significant growth in recent years, so we are in continuous need of skilled workforce.
We therefore regularly seek to hire construction workers for our projects in the Prescott-Russell / Ottawa East region.
Our office is located in Bourget, ON but we have job sites from Cumberland to Hawkesbury and from Rockland to Cornwall.
Our team of experts will be more than happy to assist you in the making of your project.
For any questions regarding your future projects or for a free estimate, don’t hesitate to give us a call !
As a construction labourer, your duties may include the following:
- Clean and prepare construction sites to eliminate possible hazards.
- Control traffic passing near, in, or around work zones.
- Load, unload or identify building materials, machinery or tools, distributing them to the appropriate locations, according to specifications.
- Select tools, equipment or materials from storage location and transport items to work site.
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites using rakes, shovels, wheelbarrows and other equipment
- Dig, backfill excavations or compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers, or rakes.
- Tend pumps, compressors or generators to provide power to tools, machinery or equipment or to heat or move materials.
- Provide assistance to carpenter’s helpers/carpenters.
The above responsibilities reflect management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
This job requires …
- communicating with supervisors and peers.
- performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling materials.
- handling and moving objects.
- observing, receiving, and memorize information from all relevant sources.
- processing the information.
- understanding the tasks given
- remembering the information and guidelines.
- asking questions when not sure of the guidelines given.
- organizing, planning and prioritizing work.
- monitor processes, materials or surroundings.
- judging the qualities of things.
Work hours and Benefits
- We offer year-round employment.
- 40-44 hours / week
- Monday to Friday
- Health, vision, dental care (Individual or Family plans)
- Life insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 20$ - 25$ per hour (Pay rates depending on skills, qualifications and experience)
We are looking for someone who speaks French or at least understands it pretty well as all our workers at the moment speak French. Plus, we operate our business in French.
If this job offer appeals to you, send us your Resume. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in our company!