At Sylvain Cheff Construction, we are above all a local family company in business since 1996.
Specializing in agricultural construction, we build barns, hen houses and hog barns, amongst other things. We have expertise in the field of agricultural construction, but also commercial construction. We have experienced significant growth in recent years, so we are in continuous need of skilled workforce.
We therefore regularly seek to hire construction workers for our projects in the Prescott-Russell / Ottawa East region.
Our office is located in Bourget, ON but we have job sites from Cumberland to Hawkesbury and from Rockland to Cornwall.
Our team of experts will be more than happy to assist you in the making of your project.
For any questions regarding your future projects or for a free estimate, don’t hesitate to give us a call !
As a Carpenter’s helper, your duties may include the following:
- Clean work areas, machines or equipment to maintain a clean and safe job site.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement or adjustment of machinery, equipment or materials (Not when using the BoomTruck)
- Prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required as per your carpenter’s/foreman’s directions and guidelines.
- Perform tie spacing layout and measure, mark, drill or cut
- Drill holes in lumber.
- Shape and cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines or power saws.
- Fasten timbers or lumber with glue, screws, pegs or nails and install hardware.
- Erect or dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, shoring, bracing, traffic barricades, ramps or other temporary structures.
- Construct forms and assist in raising them to the required elevation.
- Secure stakes to grids for constructions of footings, nail scabs to footing forms, and vibrate and float concrete.
- Mix, pour or spread concrete, using portable cement mixers, wheelbarrows, etc.
- Smooth or finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using floats, trowels, screeds, or powered cement finishing tools.
- Apply caulking compounds by hand or caulking guns to protect against entry of water or air.
- Provide assistance to carpenters.
The above responsibilities reflect management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
This job requires …
- communicating with supervisors and peers.
- performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling materials.
- handling and moving objects.
- observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- processing the information.
- understanding the tasks given.
- remembering the information and guidelines.
- asking questions when not sure of the guidelines given.
- identifying objects, actions and events.
- organizing, planning and prioritizing work.
- monitoring processes, materials or surroundings.
- judging the qualities of things
- evaluating information to determine compliance with standards.
- updating and using relevant knowledge.
Work hours and Benefits
- We offer year-round employment.
- 40-44 hours / week
- Monday to Friday
- Health, vision, dental care (Individual or Family plans)
- Life insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 22$ - 28$ per hour (Pay rates depending on skills, qualifications and experience)
We are looking for someone who speaks French or at least understands it pretty well as all our workers at the moment speak French. Plus, we operate our business in French.
If you could see yourself doing this kind of work, send us your resume by email and we will be happy to discuss it further with you and possibly meet for an interview.