At Sylvain Cheff Construction, we are above all a local family company in business since 1996.
Specializing in agricultural construction, we build barns, hen houses and hog barns, amongst other things. We have expertise in the field of agricultural construction, but also commercial construction. We have experienced significant growth in recent years, so we are in continuous need of skilled workforce.
We therefore regularly seek to hire construction workers for our projects in the Prescott-Russell / Ottawa East region.
Our office is located in Bourget, ON but we have job sites from Cumberland to Hawkesbury and from Rockland to Cornwall.
Our team of experts will be more than happy to assist you in the making of your project.
For any questions regarding your future projects or for a free estimate, don’t hesitate to give us a call !
As a Carpenter, your duties may include the following:
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement or adjustment of machinery, equipment or materials.
- Prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required as per foreman directions and guidelines.
- Perform tie spacing layout and measure, mark, drill or cut
- Shape and cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines or power saws.
- Cut timber and lumber to specified dimensions.
- Fasten timbers or lumber with glue, screws, pegs or nails and install hardware.
- Install structures or fixtures such as windows, frames, floorings, trim or hardware, using carpenter’s hand or power tools.
- Verify trueness of structure, using level and laser.
- Build frameworks, floors, trusses or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter’s hand tools, or power tools.
- Erect or dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, shoring, bracing, traffic barricades, ramps or other temporary structures.
- Construct forms and assist in raising them to the required elevation.
- Secure stakes to grids for constructions of footings, nail scabs to footing forms, and vibrate and float concrete.
- Mix, pour or spread concrete, using portable cement mixers, wheelbarrows, etc.
- Smooth or finish freshly poured cement or concrete, using floats, trowels, screeds, or powered cement finishing tools.
- Build foundations and walls / Install floor beams / Lay sub-flooring / Install roofing systems
- Fit and install window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim using a carpenter’s level, and laser levels.
The above responsibilities reflect management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
This job requires …
- communicating with supervisors and peers.
- observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining. information from all relevant sources.
- processing the information.
- understanding the tasks given.
- remembering the information and guidelines.
- asking questions when not sure of the guidelines given.
- organizing, planning, and prioritizing work.
- performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling materials.
- handling and moving objects.
- estimating the quantifiable characteristics of products, events or information.
- identifying objects, actions and events.
- evaluating information to determine compliance with standards.
- monitoring processes, materials or surroundings
- coordinating the work and activities of 1-2 co-workers.
- making decisions and solving problems.
- updating and using relevant knowledge.
Work hours and Benefits
- We offer year-round employment.
- 40-44 hours / week
- Monday to Friday
- Health, vision, dental care (Individual or Family plans)
- Life insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 27$ - 38$ per hour (Pay rates depending on skills, qualifications and experience)
We are looking for someone who speaks French or at least understands it pretty well as all our workers at the moment speak French. Plus, we operate our business in French.
If this job offer appeals to you, send us your Resume. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in our company!