Carpenter / Crew Leader
At Sylvain Cheff Construction, we are above all a local family company in business since 1996.
Specializing in agricultural construction, we build barns, hen houses and hog barns, amongst other things. We have expertise in the field of agricultural construction, but also commercial construction. We have experienced significant growth in recent years, so we are in continuous need of skilled workforce.
We therefore regularly seek to hire construction workers for our projects in the Prescott-Russell / Ottawa East region.
Our office is located in Bourget, ON but we have job sites from Cumberland to Hawkesbury and from Rockland to Cornwall.
Our team of experts will be more than happy to assist you in the making of your project.
For any questions regarding your future projects or for a free estimate, don’t hesitate to give us a call !
As a Carpenter / Crew leader, your duties may include the following:
- Confer with managerial or technical personnel, other departments, or contractors to resolve problems, or to coordinate activities.
- Review plans at start of the day to be familiar with the construction, specifications, and materials requirements.
- Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of construction workers
- Ensure that all new hires are trained according to standards and procedures.
- Analyze worker or production problems and recommend solutions, such as improving production methods or implementing motivational plans.
- Manage site resources for the Carpentry Team including equipment and company-owned tools.
- Manage materials for each project under construction including confirmation of takeoffs, delivery of lumber loads, checking deliveries against PO’s and return of excess materials.
- Assure that the construction project meets the high standard of quality that we take pride in at Sylvain Cheff Construction.
- Ensure that all work performed is in accordance with the Ontario Building Code.
- Serve as the health and safety rep for the construction crew(s) and an ambassador for safety and wellness.
- See that vehicles on the job are maintained and cleaned regularly.
- Ensure that all jobsite signs are visible and updated when a newer version is available and given by administration.
- Record information such as personnel, production or operational data on specified forms or reports.
- Arrange for repairs of equipment or machinery.
- Step in as “foreman” when one of the foreman is absent.
- Perform Carpenters duties when you don’t have Crew Leader duties to do…
The above responsibilities reflect management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
This job requires …
- communicating with administration, supervisors, peers or subordinates
- observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- identifying objects, actions and events
- evaluating information to determine compliance with standard
- estimating the quantifiable characteristics of products, events or information
- monitor processes, materials or surroundings
- judging the qualities of things, services or people
- thinking creatively
- making decisions and solving problems
- organizing, planning, and prioritizing work
- drafting, laying out and specifying technical information
- scheduling work and tasks
- coordinating the work and activities of others
- interpreting the meaning of information for others
- developing objectives and strategies
- developing and building teams
- establishing and maintaining interpersonal relationships
- guiding, directing and motivating subordinates
- resolving conflicts and negotiating with others
- coaching and developing others
- training and teaching others
- documenting/recording information
- performing administrative activities
- updating and using relevant knowledge
- performing general physical activities
- handling and moving objects
Work hours and Benefits
- We offer year-round employment.
- 40-44 hours / week
- Monday to Friday
- Health, vision, dental care (Individual or Family plans)
- Life insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 30$ - 35$ per hour (Pay rates depending on skills, qualifications and experience)
We are looking for someone who speaks French or at least understands it pretty well as all our workers at the moment speak French. Plus, we operate our business in French.
If this job offer appeals to you, send us your Resume. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in our company!